Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Meg's surprise 30th birthday party!


Angie, Meg, Melanie, Suzanne at dinner.

Meg got heart attacked by Jon and his cousins...

I asked Meg what her favorite ice cream was and she said, "I don't like ice cream."
So, of course, she got an ice cream cake!

"Holy crap! This is Blue Bell Ice Cream? Why didn't you say so? I love Ice Cream!"

You can only get it at Outback Steakhouse around here...
I can't imagine it was good. I drove it home from Outback for 45 minutes in rush hour traffic in 97 degree heat! Then, I refroze it. Yum!




THIRTY THINGS THAT I LOVE ABOUT MEG!

1) Her unbelievable good looks!
2) Her wonderful singing voice, especially this one song on Rock Band where she sounds so hot!
3) That she either still thinks I am funny, or at least, she makes me think that she still thinks I am funny.
4) Her great hair (in all it's wonderful colors).
5) Her breath-taking blue eyes.
6) Her love for Jon.
7) Her love for everyone, specifically the people that are the hardest to love.
8) That she hates LOST, but won't miss an episode, just to watch it with me.
9) I love that she makes me buy stuff for myself, and keeps me from living in the 90's still.
10) Her ability to forgive.
11) Her love for nature, trees, clouds, sunsets (I guess one of us should appreciate that crap).
12) I love that she gets me (even if she is the only one).
13) Her great big family that comes with her. They are all great. Well, except for Kendall (what a weirdo)
14) All 187 pairs of her shoes.
15) All 96 of her bags.
16 ) I love that she knows who she is and who she wants to be.
17) I love her as a mother.
18) I love that she doesn't care if I watch SportsCenter EVERY DAY!
19) She is a GREAT cook (well, I'm sure she knows a great cook)!
20) I love that she doesn't call me Jacob; I think he is dumb and immature (she calls me the other one).
21) That she let's me build stuff, even though she knows that I will never complete it (ask her about the RC race track; someday, it will be my greatest accomplishment).
22) How great she looks in a pair of jeans... just a pair of jeans.
23)Her love for animals. She won't even let me kill a spider that has been hunting her for 3 weeks (I smushed it last week, don't tell her).
24) That she is a nomad, just like me...
25) Her devotion to her church responsibilities.
26) That she likes to be a girly girl sometimes (what does that even mean, really).
27) Her outstanding smile! She is always cheerful and upbeat and keeps things positive!
28) She loves being surprised! Or, she knows that I like surprising her and she actually hates being surprised, but not as much as she knows that I love surprising her so she let's me do it time and time again. Oh crap, what if she hates surprises and she is just letting me think that she loves them. Great, now I don't know what to do..... Meg, tell me the truth!
29) I love that she is a "fun" mom!

30) I love that she chose me!


Happy Birthday Meg!
May the next 30 years be as kind to you as the first. In other words, don't get old, gray, and hairy in places you shouldn't have hair. That would be just, well... OLD.

I love you!
Jake

15 comments:

leah said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!!
Just want to let you know how much Jackson loves having you as a Primary Teacher! He's a lucky one, that Jackson! :)

abhau Family said...

This could easily become a "no...I worship you more" session. I ADORE my husband. Sometimes I get asked, especially living in NC, if I know how lucky I am. The answer is YES! I hope so. Babe, I love you! Thank you for choosing me too.

SHERIDAN said...

happy birthday! wow your thirty?! you seem so much younger! but 30 isnt THAT old. ha ha im TOTALLY kidding!

The Original TomKat said...

Happy Birthday Twilight buddy!

Karen said...

So cute post from Jake, Meg...yeah totally, I added your link to mine too :) Do you really not like icecream? Thats my favorite food!
~Karen

Nichols Family said...

That was so fun to read! That's funny...he loves all of your shoes! Good man.

Donna said...

WOW! THE BIG 30! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
You are looking as pretty as ever..i'm sure the next 30 years will be as good or better than the first 30! Love ya!

Kasey said...

I am so happy you are loved the way a woman should be loved by her husband. Jake you rock. Happy Birthday Meg. I sure miss you!!

Tannis said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Meredith said...

This has got to be the sweetest blog entry ever! Happy birthday Meg. You must be a very happy lady!

Kim Whitefield said...

What a happy birthday! You sure got you a keeper, that Jake. I'm glad you're surrounded by the people that love you!

The Hendrix Family said...

What a sweet entry by Jake. Meg...coming from someone who knows best....I will wax your lip when you are old:)As long as you wax mine!lol.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i had no idea you had a blog!! i haven't seen you in forever. happy belated birthday!! it is so fun to read about your cute family!!

Rasheta Family said...

props to Jake!

Kylee said...

weeeeelll that was just about the cutest/funnest thing ive ever read! you too are both lucky to have eachother:) love you both!
xoxo

We had a BLAST in AZ for the 4th! Jon had fun with his cousins! It was GREAT to see Jaime, too!

Europe '05

Tropical

POPTROPICA :Big Nate Island

your lucky number is